Monday, January 19, 2015

A New Perspective

Christopher and I have been talking about rearranging the living room for a while. There's just something about the way it has been set up that makes it hard to have group conversations, and so we've talked about what it might be like if we flip it around a bit.

But the only way to know whether it's going to work is to actually do it. And undertaking an afternoon of moving furniture and electronics can be a bit daunting. So we've left it as-is.

Or at least we had left it as it was.

Then Christopher went away to New York City last weekend, leaving me at home with the dog and a vague idea of how the room might look if it got changed around. Of course, doing a full move of heavy furniture . . . well, that's not something you really do on your own.

Unless you're kind of bored, and the nice weather has you feeling like you should do something with the day, and you decide that you can just move it all back if it doesn't work.

I spent a couple of hours moving things, yesterday. By the time I was done, the TV was hooked back up to cable, the lamps were plugged back in, and the pooch was trying out a series of new angles of viewing the room.

Christopher was, well, "surprised" is probably a bit of an understatement. But we spent tonight sitting on the newly oriented couch and trying it out. I think it works . . . mostly. The new arrangement definitely needs a few tweaks, but I think we might get used to it.

And, of course, if we don't it can all go back where it was. Although, if I have to put everything back, I'm going to take the Ibuprofen before I start, just to get a jump on the after effects.

1 comment:

Robin said...

pictures?
And yes, when you mentioned the moving, the first thing I thought of was ibuprofen!
:-)