Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Sinus Whole-Head-Ache

Over the past few years, my sinus headaches have been getting worse. And I know that they're not the worst ailment in the world, but they do tend to get in the way of what's going on in my daily life.

What's worse is that pseudoephedrine (aka "Sudafed") which works really well for me for knocking out my sinus headaches also basically knocks me out. This is fine if I'm taking it right before bed, but not-so-fine if I'm trying to take it while I'm at work.

My usual sinus issues used to very nicely confine themselves to...well... my sinuses. But over the past few years I've found that whenever there's a big change in barometric pressure on the horizon my jaw can hurt. Not always the same area. Not always the same amount of pain. Always just enough to make me question whether it's my sinuses or a clue that I need to go to the dentist.

This week, my sinuses decided to try something new. They caused the top of my head to hurt. More precisely, the back of the top of my head, and then down toward my spine. It was the kind of hurt that was made worse by shaking my head... or standing up... or putting my head on a pillow. So I eventually just went to bed with an ice pack on my head and tried not to move.

Luckily, the weather has calmed down, and so have my sinuses. Tonight, the only place that hurts is my forehead - which is a much more manageable sinus-y sinus problem area.

No comments: