Thursday, August 16, 2012

Calendrical

As I see it, I figure that calendars, being cyclical, must also be "calendrical."

And, at the moment, Christopher and I are in a very tightly wound calendrical period.

A couple of months ago, we were talking about how we never seemed to do anything social, and how we were kind of feeling disconnected from some of our friends. So we started trying to schedule more events.

Of course, everyone is pretty much available on the same days each week. Which means that our Friday-to-Sunday times have been crazy. And that has been spilling over into the rest of the week.

We've gone from having empty calendars to having to block out days on the calendar so that we can have evenings at home together.

It's a good thing, though, because it is really great to be able to connect with everyone and also to get our minds out of work (and off the computer).

Even so, this weekend, if the calendrical scheduling plays out, I think I actually get to sleep in on Sunday. Which -- as much as I love all of the people we're seeing over the next few days -- might just be my favorite block of time on the calendar this week.

No comments: