Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

As this happens to be a rather humid day, I actually turned on the A/C in my car on the drive home. And, once home, I finally broke down and turned on the A/C at home, too. Yes, it's mid-June, and after a few cool and damp days, we're now having hot and humid ones. So... Since I'm a tad wilted, and since I've got a list of things to do, I thought I'd give you a quick list of things to think about, too.

1) Why does wander sound like ponder, while wonder sounds like under? I mean... Ponderances would sound really odd if you pronounced it "punderances."

2) Wouldn't "The Quirky Flapper" be a great name for a speakeasy? Unfortunately, what I really need is a Korky flapper for the upstairs toilet tank. I've been to multiple places and still can't find the right one.

3) Why would anyone cast an actor who really can't carry a tune to play a character who is constantly singing bits and pieces of songs? (You'll learn more about this on the next Movie Monday.) Let's just say that John Barrowman might have been more interesting in the role.

4) What makes everyone in an office flock to a baby when it gets brought in? That happened today, and as soon as the tyke was through the door, every woman in the office was swooning. One of the men in the office who has kids just walked by saying "You can tell none of them have kids. They'd never do this, otherwise."

5) Why, in the middle of a rather large metropolitan area where shooting off fireworks is illegal, are they sold in all of the grocery stores? Alcohol can't be sold in the grocery stores, but fireworks can? Who made that decision?

Okay. I have to get back to some other things. Sorry to bullet-list and run. Don't ponder too long.

No comments: