Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dinner Out

I answered my phone at about 4:30 this afternoon and found Christopher on the other end of the line. He asked if I might want to go out to dinner, since we haven't done that in a while -- just the two of us.

I picked him up after work, and we went to Sawatdee - a Thai place kind of in downtown Minneapolis with good food and decent prices. It was really nice. We got there around 5:45, so we were the only ones in the restaurant for about 15 minutes or so. We were seated next to a window, so we watched the traffic go by and watched the rain come down.

Our food came out right away, and our waiter was nice (not really great at paying attention to our orders, but nice). And we sat and talked and ate and enjoyed just being there. No pressure. No deadlines. No rush. Just the two of us sitting and enjoying each other's company.

I think that's one of the things we miss most because of my current financial status (some days I feel like I have less disposable income now than when I was unemployed). We both miss being able to go out to a nice dinner and just sit and enjoy being out. We didn't have to cook and clean up, and we weren't distracted by all of the things we should have been doing around the house. I hadn't forgotten how nice that is.

Things are beginning to turn around, though. Soon we'll be able to do more of that, again. I'm sure of it. Now if only my bank account would agree with me.

** End Note ** Christopher actually paid for our dinner, which was completely unexpected. How sweet was that? ** End End Note **

No comments: