Wednesday, December 16, 2009

C Minus 8 Days And Counting...

Oh my gosh. Can you believe it's only 8 days until Christmas? (Or maybe 9, depending on how you do the math.) With that in mind, I'm going to bullet this blog posting, to save us all a little time.

- The story of the purse: The Lost and Found office is a little window in the wall on the Mezzanine level above the ticketing area. There's a magical box in the wall next to the window where packages can be passed through without the Lost and Found office ever being exposed to the world. It was nifty. And the purse is currently safe and sound at home with us.

- My Christmas shopping is done. That's really exciting. Although my car started making odd noises just as I got home. So it's at the shop tonight, and I hope to be told that it was an easy fix tomorrow when they call me. (I really hope.) Luckily, I currently have Mom and Dad's car as a back-up, at least.

- Last week Friday we took my folks to see the Valley Chamber Chorale's Christmas concert out in Stillwater. (Christopher's mom is one of their accompanists.) The concert was amazing, and Mom and Dad really enjoyed it. A very nice evening -- and we got to hang out with Christopher's folks for a while that afternoon/evening, too.

- Last Saturday we went to a Christmas party which was really nice. Good food, good wine, and we got to spend the evening hanging out and talking to friends -- and meeting the new son of some really good friends. Amazing how the Holidays are more and more about friends as we get older. Love that.

- Monday night Christopher and I went to the Galleria (it's a shopping center in Edina), and stumbled across a whole bunch of kids playing violins. Apparently it was a recital of some kind. It was nifty hearing the music playing, and then realizing that it was live.

And now -- having gotten home from a fun and convivial dinner with a couple of my cousins -- it's time for bed. One of the hazards of the Christmas season: it takes a lot of energy to be so energetic.

No comments: