Monday, December 14, 2009

...Make That G22... or G18...

Just wanted to update you and let you all know that my folks made it out to Los Angeles. Of course, not until after they had to change gates at the last minute. (No. Really last minute. First class had already boarded.) This meant they had to go from the easy-to-get-to gate G2 all the way to the other end of the concourse.

I learned this last night while watching their flight not take off while staring at the screen for about an hour. I was okay with it when it was just a little delayed, but then it got really late and still just listed as "delayed." So I kept refreshing the screen and checking. Christopher went to bed. I finally joined him after I saw the "in flight" status show up.

Oh, but it got even more fun -- my mom's purse went missing in the shuffle. Luckily, she had her driver's license in her carry-on (for check-in and such), but that meant that her credit cards and cash were gone.

I found out the latter portions of this in an email from one of my sisters first thing this morning. They had reported the purse missing right away in LA, and -- I think, but I'm not sure -- they notified Minneapolis airport immediately last night, too. But they hadn't heard anything this morning, so they were all set to start cancelling cards.

I made a quick call to the Lost and Found office out at MSP this morning (between calls to my sister -- for details -- and Christopher -- to see if he could check in the cars), and was informed that they had Mom's purse right there at the airport. Still had its credit cards and cash in it. As far as we can tell, nothing is missing.

They said they could keep it for 30 days, but I'm going to head out there tomorrow morning to pick it up, just so we don't push our luck on Midwestern Holiday Goodwill.

No comments: