Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday = Nap Day

I had every intention of spending this afternoon with Christopher and his family celebrating Father's Day. I had called my dad, yesterday (since I wasn't going to be home today), and wished him a Happy Father's Day early.

Then we had some friends over last night for wine and cheese and conversation. For the most part, we ate and talked - no one really had that much to drink. They left around 11, and Christopher and I did a little tidying, then went to bed. Believe it or not, the bedroom was actually a little chilly, so I pulled up the covers and went to sleep.

That worked until about 4:30 this morning when I woke up HOT and kicked off the covers. I also felt kind of dehydrated (to reiterate: not a hangover - I only had 2 drinks over the course of 4 hours last night). And although I got back to sleep fairly quickly, when I was awakened by the pup at about 7:30, I was still feeling the effects of the not-great sleep.

By the time 11:30 rolled around, I'd already done some baking, washed the dishes from last night, and read the newspaper. And it was time for a nap.

I tend to take after my dad when it comes to napping. Basically, I can do a 15-minute nap and be set for the rest of the day. (I did that on Friday night between work and going to a movie.) But today I hit the bed and didn't wake up until about 1. I headed for the shower, got myself dressed, and was mostly put together by about 1:30.

At which point I asked Christopher to give his father (and the rest of his family) my best, and told him I was going to be staying home. I've spent pretty much all afternoon on the couch. I've watched some TV. I called my dad to wish him an actual Happy Father's Day. And I celebrated my heritage by napping a bit.

And now it's about a quarter to seven and I'm done with all that I was planning to do. Christopher and the pup aren't home, yet. I don't expect to go to bed for at least another 2 or 3 hours. Do you suppose it's too late in the day to get in another nap?

No comments: