Monday, June 6, 2011

Montreal Monday

No, I'm not currently in Montreal, but I owe you all reasons for why I haven't been online in the past week or so.

You see, Christopher and I - after a decent amount of early-year debate - decided on a trip to Montreal as my first vacation (longer than a weekend) in about 2 years. We left on the 25th, flew to Burlington (Vermont) with a stop in Detroit, and - after some rental car issues - crossed the border and headed into French Canada.

We spent the next week speaking in dual languages, eating amazing foods, staying in multiple hotels (and 3 different rooms in one of the hotels), sightseeing, and generally having a very nice vacation-y time.

We were, mainly, up there to visit my great-aunt. But running around town to go to museums, galleries, shops, and restaurants is NOT mutually exclusive of seeing relatives. Especially when the relatives love great restaurants, know where the good shops are, and can recommend driving routes to the best museums and gardens.

Coming home from vacation last Wednesday (the 1st) was a bit difficult. Granted, hanging out in the Delta Sky Club lounge in Detroit during our 2.5-hour layover did make some of that return trip much easier to deal with.

Over the next few days I hope to give you some listings of places we went and things we enjoyed. But, tonight, I'm still way behind on some freelance work I need to do, and I need to get back to that.

Thanks for your patience!

No comments: