Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One of *Those* Days

Ever have one of those days when you think it's almost the weekend, then you realize it's only Wednesday?

Or a day 10 weeks after you started a new process - 2 weeks after you thought you were done - when you find that there's one more step you have to do before you *might* (or might not) be done?

Or a day when you realize that you're 44 and you're making less than you did when you were 28 - and have less free time to show for it?

Or when you realize that you no longer know what the passion and drive in your life was supposed to have been once upon a time?

Or when you push back at the people who are trying to help you for no apparent reason?

I'm having one of those days, today.

And, unfortunately, on those days I tend to take it out on the people around me. Which wouldn't be so bad if I let it out at work. But today at work I was perky and polite and made all the right "gee, I care" noises at all the right times.

On the other hand, tonight at home I kind of snapped (well, via email) at someone offering help. And it took all my might not to - in the middle of a conversation - curl up in the fetal position in the hallway and stay there until the middle of next month - or maybe until September 25th when the next season of The Amazing Race starts and I'll need to be able to see the TV.

Yeah. It's definitely been one of *those* days.

Luckily, in just over 2 hours the calendar switches over to tomorrow. One day closer to the weekend. One day closer to the project being done (I mean... it has to conclude at some point, right?). One day closer to the Amazing Race premiere. And, hopefully, one day closer to re-finding my workday passion - and if it comes with a decent paycheck, well, let's just say that I'd love it to be one of those days.

No comments: