Sunday, June 3, 2012

Back to Reality Melancholy

Yep. In case you didn't guess it, Christopher and I were out of town last week for vacation in the Florida Keys. I'll talk more about that in the next few days, but since I'm sitting here kind of dreading the return to reality tomorrow morning, I figured I'd focus on that right now.

Here's the thing: Vacation was great. We ate some amazing meals. We saw some very cool sights. We were - let's face it - away from normal life for seven full days. And that was good.

Unfortunately, this means that tonight the "it's Sunday night and I have to prepare myself for the week ahead" feeling seems an extra seven times stronger than usual.

I've been trying to figure out which stories to tell my co-workers about my trip. And trying to figure out if I should pack lunch tomorrow or not. And, just for fun, also trying to guess whether I'll have the energy to be social at all, or if I should just log in, do my work, and come home without talking to anyone.

Hmm... I wonder if anyone would notice if I took the book I almost finished while in Florida and just read it all day, instead of doing work...? I'm guessing the fact that it's hardbound and not something to read on my screen, that might be a problem.

Oh, well. Reality has to set in at some point. Might as well get it over with on a Monday, right?

No comments: