Sunday, June 10, 2012

"Diamond" John Barrowman Sighting

It's been a while since I've stumbled across any John Barrowman sightings. And, since I TiVo'd all of the Queen's Jubilee celebration on BBC America, it took me a bit longer than it probably took other people to see him.

But, there he was on the "Belfry boat" at the front of the procession down the Thames, looking a bit stressed out, but also looking very excited to be there. And, later on, he actually got to sit down and talk about the whole experience, too.

I was happy to see the interview, because I wasn't sure if he was just being overly frenetic for no reason on the boat. But he explained that he was dealing with such overwhelming emotions that he had to kind of "wave and cry" all at once as the boat went down the river. Since I was tearing up just watching it all on TV, I can't imagine what it must have been like for someone in his position!

I was also happy to see that he didn't look quite as Botoxed as usual in the interview. Of course, that could just be me - since I've noticed more grey hair, lately, and prefer to have other people who are my age also look... well... my age.

It was a bit odd to realize that he had his "American" accent working for him even in the midst of the British festivities, but - again - that could just be me, since I do enjoy a British accent. (But that's kind of a different story...)

If you'd like to see the video of the interview, it seems to be here on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlBFTuMpneQ .

Barrowman in the morning, and the Tony Awards on tonight. Sunday is looking pretty good!

No comments: