Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Travel Tuesday - AfterEffects

Yesterday morning, on my first day back at work, I was actually pleasantly surprised by how rested and relaxed I felt. I was driving to work thinking "It seems like I haven't been there in ages." And that is a good thing. It's the mark of a good vacation, in my eyes. And the more I think about it, the more I think that Christopher and I really did have a good vacation last week.

Granted, it was a freakin' hot and humid vacation, at 85 degrees and 85% humidity, but we could sweat with a badge of honor, since the locals were all saying it was even hot and humid for them. In comparison, the 80 degrees with 50% humidity that we're getting at home this week seems like a breeze.

My left wrist started peeling, yesterday. Amazingly, with all of the time we spent in the sun, we seem to have used enough sunscreen to make it back with few burns. I missed spraying a streak of my left wrist on our first day. Christopher missed the area just where the left sleeve of his t-shirt rested (and blew up in the breeze). So we've both been peeling, but only a little. Which is pretty amazing for two guys who don't tan.

I've declared myself adjusted to my new glasses and sunglasses. I've even gotten used to swapping out the glasses in the case with the ones on my face while walking. (It's not as easy as it sounds, trust me.)

The wounds on my feet from the sandals I bought just before going on vacation are mostly healed. I don't know what possessed me to buy the sandals and not wear them and break them in before I went. Unfortunately, the first day out one of the "pads" that keep the straps from shaving off skin rolled under and... well... the strap did the whole "shaving off the skin" thing. By the end of that day I had gone to Walgreen's for a box of Band-aids - which was about half empty by the time we came home.

I haven't stepped on a scale since we got back. Although we walked all over the place, we also ate some amazing meals. And, since sweating only takes care of fluid, I'm sure I probably gained some weight. I plan to ignore that, for now.

The one thing I can't really ignore is how tired I've felt the past couple of days. I had a lot of energy on Saturday and Sunday after we got back, but it faded fast. Kinda like the plot of this post.

No comments: