Friday, January 31, 2014

Like a Song Stuck in Your Head, Only Different

You know how, when you get a song stuck in your head, sometimes it just won't go away? Everything you do, say, or hear for the rest of the day somehow re-triggers that same song. And you get to a point where you just want it to go away. Even if it's replaced with a song you can't stand.

When my sinuses act up, I get kind of the same thing - but with scents. I know that my sinuses are really getting bad when suddenly everything smells the same. And I never get to choose what that "same" will be.

Sometimes, it's a really sweet smell. Sometimes it kind of smells like the pooch has had an accident.

And, for the course of 2 or 3 days, everything is kind of tainted with that smell.

I bought some flowers, today, and went to sniff them, only to find that they just smelled "sweet" - like smelling white sugar. I went to dinner tonight, and my chicken club burger-thing also smelled sweet - which made the first few bites kind of perplexing since scent and taste are so tightly intermingled.

I realize that in the grand scheme of things, this isn't exactly earth-shattering. But it can definitely leave a strange taste in your mouth. (And it's making me hope the weather changes even more than I already was.)

No comments: