Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feeling Blogked

I sat down at the keyboard with a list of ideas of things to write about. I started writing three or four of them. And after about five lines of each of them I got stuck and deleted it all. So here I am, about an hour later, with no real idea of what I should blog about today.

I could mention that the predicted one inch of snow from yesterday became about five inches by the time I was home to shovel the walks tonight. Yet, happily, it was warm enough to shovel the walks -- in the dark -- without being too cold.

I could mention that, on my way home after a few errands, I stopped at McDonald's to try the new "Mac Snack Wrap" that has been all over the TV ads. It's not the same as a Big Mac, but for about half the price (and less than half the calories), it does pretty well to cut the cravings without killing the budget. (And, yes, I thought of Libby while having my Snack Wrap, but that's a whole different story.) (Hi, Libby!)

I could mention that part of my lunch today was a pack of Reese's "Big" Peanut Butter Cups purchased at the Hershey's store in Times Square, New York, but that would require a whole lot of backstory which I haven't had the time to put together, yet.

I could mention that I found out, this past weekend, that it is possible to move your Delta plane tickets three hours before a flight for a flat $50 fee.

And, finally, I could once again mention that hanging out with good friends has a way to make even the most completely amazing weekends just that much better.

Or, I could just decide not to blog tonight.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought of you too when I saw the commercial for the first time! :) Did it taste better than it looked on TV??

MizTiz said...

Here's what I do when that happens...

write for 15 minutes and then walk away. WALK AWAY. you're not allowed to change. you're not allowed to delete. come back later. you'll be amazed by how much good stuff is there.

but i love "i could mentions."

my word verification is "racencia." and that means?