Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Blog Seed, of Sorts...

I'm self-sequestered (with a bit of a nudge from Christopher), in the basement on this Sunday evening. I'm down here to do some editing that I simply haven't been able to make it through this weekend. Which is totally my own fault.

I dragged Christopher to the garden store yesterday morning (talk about chaos - going to a garden store on the first gorgeous Saturday of the "safe" planting season!), which then precipitated planting things after we got home. PLUS I still had to put in all of the things we've picked up over the past few weeks.

So I spent about 3 hours, yesterday, planting 4 peonies, 2 pasque flowers, a Himalayan blue poppy (okay, that one I'm a bit afraid might not last long), 6 marigolds (which I've been growing from seed), a tomato plant, 4 "super chilis," some tarragon, oregano, and basil. Oh. And 12 portulaca plants and 2 clumps of fountain flame grass in the planters by the front walk.

So... Yeah... That kind of ate up a bit more of yesterday than I had originally planned. For those keeping score, I am - apparently - allergic to all sorts of flame grass, as I had the same kind of breakout as I did last year when I planted another variety in the back yard.

I hope to have some photos to share, soon.

Okay. And then I did a little running around with Darci. And Christopher made really good pork chops for dinner which we ate while watching one of the "Mrs. Bradley Mysteries" from PBS (with Diana Rigg as the notorious leading lady). It was a wonderful day, all 'round.

I'd tell you more but, for now, I have to edit.

How was your weekend?

No comments: