Sunday, May 9, 2010

Survived the Plant Sale

I didn't want any of you to think that I might have died after working at the Plant Sale on Friday night. Yes, it was rainy. Yes, the dappled willows (the first thing I had to "tidy" in my volunteer job) dumped water all over me and down my back. Yes, it was chilly and nasty, and I am still feeling like I might be coming down with a cold.

But, overall, it was an okay evening. I just wandered around the tree/shrub area outside of the grandstand and, literally, tidied them all up. I put them in rows so that the inventory people coming in later would have an easy time counting them. I even did it well enough that "my team" got sent home early. Which means that I wasn't out and about when it snowed later in the night.

I kind of wonder how all of the plants did the past couple of nights. After all, last night there were freeze warnings in the area. I'm very glad that we haven't put plants in our planters, yet. Although... The herbs I bought last weekend are getting a little tired looking, since they've been living on the kitchen counter for the past week. So, well, at least I survived the Plant Sale - I just hope my plants will survive the weather.

No comments: