Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tiz List #3

Back in March, I wrote the first of my "Tiz Lists" - fifteen random factoids about me and my life. A few weeks later, I wrote my second. (You can see both of the earlier ones, here.) Miz Tiz over at the "Tiz and Ass" blog just posted one of her lists this week, and I was reminded that it's way past time for me to write my third installment. That said, here we go.

1) I am, at this moment, living the bachelor life for the next 7 days and 23 hours. Not that I'm counting down or anything.

2) I don't mind living the bachelor life from time to time, but I do certainly enjoy when Christopher gets home from wherever he's gone.

3) When Christopher is gone, I tend to turn off as many of the background noises as I can in the house. This includes all of the fans which we usually have on for air circulation. There's something really nice about the silence - and about hearing the natural noises that exist beyond the white noise.

4) I feel kind of the same way about the internet, from time to time. I so much prefer getting "real" mail in my mailbox, instead of all of the noisy stuff online. And an in-person visit... well... that just caps it all, doesn't it?

5) There are some people I actually do prefer simply bumping into online, instead of seeing in person. It's just so much less stressful that way.

6) Lately, I think I've been developing stress-related ulcers.

7) I should probably look into that with an actual medical-type person, instead of the white-noise-filled internet, as my guide.

8) Even though I know I promised to kind of lay bare my soul in these lists on this blog, there are some things I probably won't ever share. (I just deleted the original number 8.)

9) A couple of days ago, all of the little red dots on my "where are my readers from?" map went away. Apparently they get cleared once per year, even though the number of visitors is archived. So I'm now back to 11 visitors, instead of 2,400+, and they're all from the United States, so far. Thank you to the 11 of you who have already started repopulating my map. (Let's see how many the map can get in the next 360 days!)

10) I sometimes forget that most people shave every day, and that my 3 or 4 days between trimming of my scruff is not the norm.

11) I surprised one of my coworkers a couple of weeks ago by actually bursting forth in a full-out rolling laugh at work.

12) Apparently I don't usually do that at work, considering we've worked together for 10 months and she hadn't heard it before.

13) One of my summer goals is to check out one of the "EasyRideMN" bikes (from the "rental" stand near my office) over lunch one day and take it for a ride by the river.

14) I really wish we had a dishwasher - as well as about twice as much overall kitchen space.

15) I am honestly really happy when I hear of retail establishments being closed for the Fourth of July. I think that national holidays ought to be national holidays.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

You better do #7, I agree with you on #14, and I miss you, too.

Robin said...

Sorry about your dots...and enjoy the quiet for a while!