Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Travel (Destination) Tuesday

I'm sure I had something to write about, earlier today.

It was one of those workdays where things just keep going not quite right, and I kept thinking "this week has to get better - after all it's Wednesday." And then I'd be reminded that it was only Tuesday.

A good friend of mine from college is coming into town this week from Idaho. She's going to be in town for a conference, and is going to use our place as her basecamp. I'm really looking forward to it - although she and Christopher have never met, and we might not see that much of each other.

Someone at work commented, today, that we have a lot of people coming to stay with us. My response was that that is what happens - if you're lucky - when most of your friends live in other parts of the country and/or world.

I've always kind of imagined that I would have a big house in some kind of travel destination as I got older, where people could come to visit. This isn't exactly the house I imagined (and I never thought it would be in the middle of a city), but it's great having people come and stay with Christopher and me. It's definitely a start.

No comments: