Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I am not a Lego!

At work, today, I got into a conversation about relationships and, sort of, life.

I was talking to a co-worker about her month-old relationship, and how the first time she introduced the new guy to her parents... well... it went a little less well than hoped.

And, at one point, I made the cliche comment that "Rome wasn't built in a day." But, trying to lighten the mood, I followed up with "...although, if you built it out of Legos, you might be able to do the highlights in a day or two."

The person I was chatting with replied "I am not a Lego!"

Thinking about it throughout the course of the day, I have to admit that I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I mean... I guess it's bad if you feel like you're always stuck in a little square box, but it's kind of wonderful to be a part of something bigger than yourself.

Although, I think I may be overthinking the original conversation.

No comments: