Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Funk - of the 80s Variety

Why is it that Sunday - which from a mid-week point of view looks SO good - seems to be a bit of a letdown more often than not?

Having spent multiple evenings at various dinners out this week, Christopher and I had a really nice time. And, yet, between work and socializing, we made a point to block off today as a relaxation day. A day to chill out, catch up, and generally regroup before the new week starts.

So how are we celebrating the day? Well, we both woke up this morning kind of tired and ready for naps. Perhaps it's because of the weather. It's a grey day out, more of the same slightly-sticky weather we've been having lately - but this time without even the sunshine to pull us through.

Or maybe it's the fact that we're desperately trying to psyche ourselves up for the workweek ahead.

I feel I should mention that my 25-year High School class reunion took place last night in my hometown in South Dakota. I was (probably obviously) not in attendance. I must say that I seriously contemplated going, but according to the announcements I received, the entire event was simply going to be an evening of hanging out in a bar.

Considering that I didn't hang out in the bars with my classmates in high school, I couldn't see myself driving 5.5 hours each way to do that for one evening last night. I'm sure I'll probably feel a little bad about that when I see the class picture in the town newspaper (my parents will send it to me, I'm sure), but I think I made the right decision in not driving down that road back into 1985.

And, in the meantime, back in 2010, I have to figure out how to "reune" with some energy before much more of the day passes.

No comments: