Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall, I Guess

A new season started last night, at the same time as a full moon, right at the same time as an Equinox.

But it's been cloudy and raining, here, for a while, so I haven't really noticed.

Today, in fact, it's been kind of warm and humid and rainy - a really unpleasant day, all 'round.

I don't over much enjoy fall most years. Don't get me wrong - I love the temperatures, and I think the leaves changing colors are spectacular. I just don't like that it means that winter will be starting up, soon. So I end up not really enjoying the actual fall.

I know, I know. I should live more in the moment and enjoy all of the actual gorgeous "fallness" of it, and not worry about what will be coming in a month or so. But that's hard to do.

It's even harder on a wet nasty day like today, when the leaves which have started to change color (yes, already), are getting plastered to the sidewalk by the rain.

Here's hoping for some sun in the immediate future. Or else, perhaps, I'll simply have to start disliking this fall on its own merits.

No comments: