Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tiz List #4

As I was driving home from work today, I decided it was time to dig deep and write up a new Tiz List.

(If you don't know why it's called a "Tiz List," feel free to click on the tag in the side column that says "Tiz List" and go to the first one I wrote. The full explanation is there.)

Here we go...

1) I can't understand why I can't find some shows on my TiVo so that I can set it to record the coming season. But since Christopher looked into it and can't find a solution I figure I'll just wait until the first show rolls around and I'll record it by its time.

2) Technology things like that, which ought to work but don't, really annoy me.

3) I suspect that, way down deep inside, I've got a Luddite desperately trying to get out.

4) Some times I use words I like simply to use them. (see also #3)

5) Some times I use big words because it seems more polite to confuse people than to swear at people.

6) One of my very favorite splurges is having fresh flowers in the house.

7) I hate when the fresh flowers get old and have to be tossed out.

8) That may be why I like Christopher's orchids so much.

9) According to Julia Sugarbaker on Designing Women, all people are either always children or parents. And those people are always going to be that way, no matter what stage of life they're in.

10) I have always been one of those people who is parental. Even when I was a kid, I always was one of the responsible ones.

11) I used to kind of hate being one of the always responsible ones, but I've learned to live with it. But, some days, I just feel very old, nonetheless.

12) I'm truly a cat person at heart.

13) I think Aoife might have a little bit of cat in her, because I rather like her.

14) If I had the money (and time) to do it, I'd travel to see my friends more often - and I'd try to make it to all of their special occasions (good and bad).

15) I love getting news from my friends.

16) I hate only getting news from my friends online. I'd prefer a letter. Or at least a phonecall. Or, heck, even a full-length email instead of a one-line greeting.

17) When my sinuses act up, my jaw hurts.

18) My sinuses act up when the weather changes.

19) Number 17 and Number 18 combined make me wonder why in the heck I live in the Twin Cities this time of year.

20) Cottage Pie suddenly sounds really good at the moment.

21) Cottage Pie is not actually a pie. Nor is it made with any cottages in it.

22) I think one of the Netflix I have at home has been here for more than a month.

23) I really don't enjoy William Shatner.

24) No. Really. I don't like watching William Shatner on TV, in movies, anywhere. Don't know why. I just don't.

25) I kinda want to own a kilt at some point in my life.

3 comments:

MizTiz said...

#5 - brilliant

#23 and 24...me too but he was just on craig ferguson and was so ridiculously brilliant my mind has been changed.

xxxtiz

Robin said...

a kilt? In Minnesota?

Christopher said...

#4 is one of the many reasons I like you.

#5 is another - because I like to do that, too.

#8 is the main reason I like them, too. (Plus, contrary to what most people think, they aren't that hard to take care of.)

I love you despite #12.

Take back #13!

I'm glad for #21 - I think the splinters from the cottages would get stuck in your mouth and hurt something awful...

And, I say go for #25. Maybe I'll do some Christmas shopping in November.