Monday, September 27, 2010

Non-Movie Monday

You all know how, when I go to movies, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, right? Well, with the advent of the new TV season, I've been trying to find some new comedies to watch. Christopher and I already have a whole bunch of hour-long things that we both enjoy, so I thought it would be nice to find something quick and easy that we could enjoy while having dinner and hanging out.

So I recorded a few things in the past week. And we watched the first few episodes last night. And we really couldn't stomach any of them.

It was sad, really. Two out of three of them had stars I usually like, but they were in just inane and annoying situations. The third one simply went for the lowest of the low-brow jokes, and we almost didn't make it to the end of the show.

Luckily, we've found a few fun half-hour shows to watch, even without those, though. We loved the summer series "Hot in Cleveland" (it has Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Wendie Malick, and Jane Leeves). We're enjoying "Melissa and Joey" (with a grown-up Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence). And we've started recording all of Nigella Lawson's shows, because she's someone we both think it would be fun to cook with.

So I guess we'll be okay for a while. And, of course, there's always Netflix if we get really hard up...

1 comment:

Mae said...

Watch the Big Bang Theory :-)

Or skip comedy, and watch House!