Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Foot

Yes, I know it's usually "Friday Food," but this week has not been a normal week.

After venting to everyone in my last post (thanks for listening), I got up yesterday morning and, while doing some things around the house, proceeded to stub my toe on the dog kennel.

Not the big toe, mind you, but the second toe on my right foot. I kind of jumped up and down a bit, then looked down and thought "Wow. That kinda hurt." Then I went about my day.

When I started to get ready, I had my glasses off, and looked down and saw that my toe was kind of... well... dark. I thought "Gee. I must have stepped in something and gotten it on my foot." Never mind that I had not been outside all morning, and that there is nothing I could have stepped in in the house.

So I put my glasses on and realized that - when stubbing my toe - I apparently also whacked my toenail pretty good. And, yep, that "darkness" was well-oxygenated blood.

I spent most of yesterday limping just a bit. Partially because my toe hurt. Mostly because the Band-aid (really - I use Band-aid brand) was just not quite right on my toe and kept getting caught in my sock.

Today, I'm walking without a limp. And without a Band-aid. I'm also walking without about 1/3 of that toenail, but... well... it's Friday, so I can deal with that.

No comments: