Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Last-minute Posting

In case you've never noticed, I try to put up a new post every other day. I find that there is less anxiety-causing pressure on that than there is in doing it every day.

But, on a day like today where I actually did work all day at work, then came home to have dinner with my parents who have been in town since Sunday but are leaving tomorrow to go to LA for Christmas, then needed to do 3.5 hours' worth of editing on a rush project... well... now it's 11:55 and I haven't posted anything yet.

This is, to a large degree, a description of how my Holiday season is going. I've got it all planned out, I know what needs to be done, but I'm just not sure it's all going to actually get done.

Cookies are baked - just not all of them.

Presents are purchased - they just haven't all arrived to be wrapped and/or re-shipped to their final destinations.

Cards and stamps are purchased and letter is written - but who knows when they'll go in the mail.

I keep trying to tell myself that the up side of this is that I should be able to enjoy "the moment" more, since I'm apparently not rushing around as much and getting things done early like I often do. And yet, with Christmas just 2 weeks away - and this blog deadline just 2 minutes away - the pressure is still there.

Maybe next week we'll enjoy the bliss of the Holiday season. This week I'm still trying to figure out which to-do list to put that on.

No comments: