Sunday, December 8, 2013

Lawn Guys

I fully admit that there is really no good reason why Christopher and I have lawn guys. I mean, we could easily mow the lawn on our own. We could even edge and mulch and aerate, if we wanted. But we don't.

Instead, since before I moved in, Christopher has had lawn guys. They do all that stuff I just mentioned, about once each week. And they lightly nag us about watering our lawn.

And then, when the seasons change, they also take care of the snow that accumulates on our driveway and sidewalks. Even when the city re-plows the snow and creates a massive ridge of snow at the end of the driveway, they come back and clear it out so we can get the cars in and out with having to go mountaineering.

Of course, they only do that when we get at least 2 inches of snow at one time. So when we got a random, day-long snow today, they didn't come by. Since we were expecting guests this evening, I headed out to shovel.

The snow was light. Except where it had been packed down by people walking on it. It was pretty quick work. Except where it wasn't.

By the time I got back inside, my back was reminding me why we have lawn guys. And why I am happy that we do.

No comments: