Monday, December 30, 2013

Splitting Nails

I have no idea what has been going on, lately, but I seem to keep finding myself with split or chipped nails.

I moved a piece of luggage over the weekend and left myself with a crack in the middle of my thumbnail that probably won't grow out for a couple of weeks.

I took my hand out of my glove this afternoon and found a chip in the other thumbnail which snagged on the glove's lining.

My nails used to be indestructible. I was that guy who used his nails for screwdrivers. I could split open taped boxes with them.

Then something happened and I started to get chips and cracks in my nails.

I suspect it has something to do with getting older. I'm probably eating the wrong foods.

All I know for sure is that I won't be treating my nails like Swiss Army knives any time soon.

No comments: