Sunday, August 17, 2014

Do You Ever Forget...?

Do you ever forget what day it is?

I've been doing that a lot, lately. Sometimes it's at work, where I'll think it's a Thursday, but it's only a Wednesday. That kind of forgetting is painful, but seldom causes any actual problems at my job. (That's one of the benefits of working a job where you kind of do the same thing for about 95% of your time.)

It's really frustrating on weekends, though. When part of your brain is thinking that it's only Saturday and it's actually Sunday.

Or, when you blog on a Thursday night with the plan to blog again on Saturday, and then it's suddenly Sunday and you're kind of a day late.

I have a good excuse, though. After having a friend in town last weekend, this weekend we played host to a college friend of mine and her two kids last night. So at the point in the evening when I would normally be blogging, I was hanging out, watching Shaun the Sheep, and talking.

Yes, I feel really good about how I spent my weekend, though I do feel a little bit guilty about not blogging - or being more coherent when I do.

I promise to do better in the near future. Though I'm not sure on which day, since I seem to not know what day any day is at this point...

No comments: