Monday, May 11, 2015

Who Needs Black Friday?

We all know that you can get great deals the day after Thanksgiving. We also all know that you can find amazing markdowns on candy the day after Halloween (if you're speedy - because otherwise all the stuff you like will already be gone).

Just last week I saw some leftover Easter-themed products on the "at least 75% off" cart at the grocery store. (Don't worry - it was non-perishable goods, not things like colored eggs or bunny cakes.)

But I never would have guessed that there would be post-Mother's Day markdowns. Today on my way home from work, I was proven wrong when I found this single-layer beauty for half off the regular price:

I'd love to blame the way this looks on poor lighting but... no... it actually looks like that.

Okay... So the colors are a bit faded, but since I celebrated with my mom a week ago, and we celebrated with Christopher's mom, yesterday, this was more of an "I think we're going to need this to get through the week" purchase. In other words, I totally bought it because it was a half-off chocolate cake with white buttercream frosting, and I thought it would be good.

I was not disappointed.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I love this! Happy Mother's Day extra!