Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A DW(u)I Day

Due to the fact that there is (at best) spotty cellular phone service between my parents' home in South Dakota and my home in Minnesota, I spent most of my day with only myself as company. In other words, I spent it "Driving While un-Interrupted" or DW(u)I.

I've done this drive many times in the past 5 years, going both directions down the same road. That's enough times to know where the no-passing zone sections are, where the rest areas are, and even where I know I can stop for soda on Christmas Eve.

Today, though, I was simply watching the world go by. Enjoying the early fall scenery. It was nice to sit and ponder life without the radio on or my cellphone ringing. I had a few CDs playing as I drove, but the great thing about playing a CD you already know is that you don't have to listen to it to... well... listen to it.

In some circles, this would be referred to as some kind of zen moment. In other areas, it would be "zoning out." But for me, it was just a really nice relaxing 5.5-hour drive.

Unfortunately, since I spent a major part of my day DW(u)I, I seem to have run out of imponderables to ponder tonight in this blog. Not that I think that's a bad thing. After all, when was the last time you were lucky enough to end your day without something to complain about?

No comments: