Tuesday, September 23, 2008

From Going to a Wedding to "Get Smart"

I know I keep promising to write about my Canada trip. But I'm not going to do it right now, either. Instead, you get two mini topics: Booking a last-minute trip and going to a movie I laughed all the way through.

1) Booking a last-minute trip. Having already sent a "Congratulations on your wedding" package to my cousin in DC earlier today, I found a "last minute deal" on Travelocity today. So I booked a flight/hotel/car package and now need to email a quick "Oh. Do you still have room for me?" note to his family to say that I'm coming. Yep, I'm planning to spend about 40 hours in the DC area this weekend. It's still not sinking in. And it's weird to think that I'm doing it without Christopher.

2) Going to a movie I laughed all the way through. Christopher and I went to see "Get Smart" tonight at one of the two-dollar theaters in the area. I had hoped to like it (I like the stars, but it had gotten sad reviews), but didn't want to expect too much. Well... There was a LOT of really stupid humor in it--including "pain" gags--but overall we laughed all the way through it. There were incredible moments of slapstick. There was witty and intelligent banter. And I know I laughed through some lines because I just couldn't stop myself. 

So, there you go. Maybe not the posting you were expecting, but my day wasn't exactly what I expected, either.

No comments: