Saturday, February 28, 2009

What's Up With Being Up?

It's not quite 4 in the afternoon as I write this, which means I've been awake for about 12 hours. I'm not really sure why I was awake at 4 this morning. I tried my best to go back to sleep (usually an easy task for me), but eventually got out of bed around 4:45 and moved to the living room to watch some TV. 

I did get about a 30-minute nap this afternoon, but I definitely feel like I'm jetlagged. I kind of want to blame the fact that I've now cleared the driveway of snow four times since this time on Thursday, but I suspect being tired is more about getting up 3 hours earlier than usual than it is about the snow. After all, with the tons of snow and bright sunlight, you'd think I'd be overly energized!

Luckily, all we're doing tonight is going over to a friend's place to watch movies and eat popcorn (one of my absolute favorite dinners!). Assuming we don't turn all the lights down, I should be able to stay awake for that. And if not... well... at least we're all friends.

No comments: