Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And Introducing...

I have realized that there is a very good chance that some of you would enjoy some of the other blogs which I read. They're always listed along the side of my posts, but that doesn't mean that you ever read them. And you really should read them. (Since the links are in the left margin, I'm not linking to them in this post.)

If you're interested in food, you've got a few nice options. You've got someone writing from her Manhattan kitchen in Smitten Kitchen, someone in the middle of an acreage in The Spiced Life, and someone right here in the Twin Cities in Culinary in the Desert.

There's also a professional chef currently in New York City who writes Ms. Glaze's Pommes d'Amour (if you go back a-ways, you can find her stories from her time in Paris, as well). And finally a blog which is a cross between food and humor in Cake Wrecks.

If you're interested in following author Neil Gaiman, well, you can check out his eponymous Neil Gaiman's Journal.

For someone who critiques the ridiculosity of jewelry design, you can check out Perhaps I Should Be Working.

The two which are currently my favorites, though, are NajMania and Tiz and Ass. NajMania comes to us from someone I went to college with, who now lives in Fargo, North Dakota, with her husband and their four boys. The stories are written from the heart, and often make me laugh from the belly.

Almost diametrically opposed to the family-friendly NajMania is the rather more risque Tiz and Ass. Both have heart and soul, but... wow... so different.

Tiz and Ass follows the musings of a friend of mine who is a working actress out of New York City. "Miz Tiz" (as she sometimes signs herself) writes her tales of heartbreak and belly laughs partially as therapy and partially as a wonderful way to keep the world in touch with her.

Please take the time to check out these various blogs. They're a lot of fun.

And, if you do, come back here afterward and let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from all of you!

** Odd sidenote ** I decided I'd try spellchecking this post. I knew many of the blog titles would get highlighted. But it also highlighted "professional" and "diametrically" -- each of which is spelled correctly. How can I be sure they are correct? Because the spell check suggestions gave me the current spellings. Odd, no? ** End Odd sidenote **

No comments: