Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Updates

In case you've been following along and wondering about some of the things I talked about last week, here are some follow-up points:

1) I still have no news about the new position at work. All week my boss has either been in meetings or out of the office. At least today he stopped by my desk to verify that I would be in tomorrow and said "We should talk." I have no idea if that's good or bad. I'll let you know.

2) I have not, yet, gone to a movie this week (my movie-going night is usually Tuesday), but I have plans to go to see the latest Harry Potter flick on Friday. So that should give me something to talk about next Monday.

3) The friend of mine from Idaho (whom I saw last week in Stillwater at the Teddy Bear Park) emailed me this morning to say that they made it home. Her younger child was actually even okay with it all until about the South Dakota/Wyoming border, at which point he apparently started crying because he wanted to get home. I don't know how she does those long drives with the kids. Or how my parents did them with 4 kids in the station wagon.

4) Have I mentioned that I've been playing "Pub Trivia" at a local establishment (well... in downtown Minneapolis) on Monday nights? I missed this past Monday, but Christopher and a friend of ours still took first prize. Which is really cool, since most weeks there are 4 of us on a team and we struggle.

5) The weather is GORGEOUS this week. Okay. So a lot of people are probably upset that it's not warm enough, but I love this weather. Sunny. Breezy. Highs in the 70s. This is why I moved back to this part of the country (from Baltimore). The winters may be frigid, but the summers are definitely a good pay-off!

And, with that, I'm going to shut off my computer and enjoy the evening. HOPEfully I'll have a few, more substantial, updates tomorrow.

No comments: