Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cooling Down

This morning, as I was walking the puppy around the block, I found myself assuming the Minnesota winter pose - shoulders hunched up to my ears, and head pulled down into my coat like a turtle. It's the way you walk when it's too cold to just walk. Typically it also includes hands shoved into your pockets, but with a dog leash in hand... hmmm... I'm going to have to work on that.

I think I wore shorts about 2 weeks ago, and was frustrated by the people wearing parkas, just because it was mid-October. Then, today, I was tucked into my warm coat and trying to not get a cold air headache.

We only got a slight sprinkling of snow this morning, but apparently places in the area got inches of snow, and we're all going to have freezing temps tonight.

It's not that I am surprised that we got this late-October weather in late-October, mind you. I'm just having a little trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that it came so quickly after the warm weather we had seemingly just a couple of days ago.

No comments: