Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Mind-wandering

I spent about half of the weekend doing editing for work. Or at least half of my waking hours. Most of Saturday was spent doing that, and then I spent about three hours on Sunday.

That's why I missed the past two days of posting. Sorry. By the time I was done with working on someone else's writing, I just didn't want to deal with any of my own.

Of course, that meant that when I was at work today, my brain still wanted weekend.

Around two this afternoon, with my work inbox well in hand, I started letting myself drift. I spent some time researching a few restaurants "Up North" (on the North Shore of Lake Superior). And some time looking up weather for that area.

And I spent time looking over the places Christopher will be in the next month or so, which I am envious of in the most excited of ways.

Yep. I also pondered what I needed to get at the store on the way home. And what would be good for dinner. And how the week looks. And how long I could put off the emails in that inbox.

I hope some day to get to go run off to all of the places I keep dreaming of while I'm at work. Conversely, I really hope, some day, to get to spend my workdays enjoying my work and not drifting.

No comments: