Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reminders

My online calendar sends me reminders so I know when to do things (or when to ignore them).

My social networking account reminds me of people's birthdays, so that I know when I've missed them.

My desk has post-it notes on it so I remember tasks that I may or may not ever care to do.

We have a checklist to make sure that we give the new pup the right medicine at the right times - this one we actually do well with.

Yet it is the... ephemeral... reminders that make the most difference in my life.

The note from a friend I haven't heard from in a while reminding me of good times past and future.

The phonecalls with friends and family where life is discussed and dissected and dealt with, and I'm reminded of the importance of every moment of the week.

The touches as Christopher and I pass in the kitchen that remind me of how lucky I am to live my life.

On Sundays, for whatever reason, the reminders seem more powerful. And more important.

No comments: