Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Food - Burgerfied

Tuesday night I finally made it to one of the "landmark" burger joints in Minneapolis - The 5-8 Club.

Christopher and I went with two people I didn't ask if I could name in here, and - after surviving the major winds to get there (remember those from Tuesday?) - we had a great time (as usual). We also had great food.

The 5-8 is all about burgers. And, more specifically, the cheese-filled "Juicy Lucy." But I couldn't quite get myself to go that far. I did a regular burger, with a side of Onion Rings and Coleslaw.

I also stole a "Jojo" potato wedge from someone else. Those are really good. Wedge-cut potatoes with a spice blend on them. I actually liked them better than my onion rings - and I like onion rings.

Here's the thing - the place is NOT for the faint of heart or massively health-conscious. And it's not for people who can't deal with leaving the restaurant and still smelling... well... fried. (Christopher and I got home and agreed that we both still smelled like we were kind of dipped in oil.)

But it was all SO good. The conversation was great. The food was way too yummy. And the 5-8 Club frequently has coupons. Although this was my first visit, I suspect that it won't be my last.

No comments: