Tuesday, February 15, 2011

10,000!!!

Ten Thousand. Ten. Thousand. TEN Thousand. Ten THOUSAND.

As of yesterday, this little blog of mine has had it's 10,000th "hit." Can you believe it? I'm not sure I can.

Now, I know that this does not mean that 10,000 different individuals have looked at the blog. It simply means that, over the course of the life of the blog various people have landed on this blog - or clicked through a link on it - ten thousand times.

That's not a whole lot of clicks in the blogosphere. I mean, there are blogs that get that much traffic in a week, and websites that get that much in less than a day. But for my little blog, which only - according to the left-hand panel - has 10 people who "follow" it on a daily basis... Wow. That's a lot.

And, even better, the 10,000th person was someone I know. She sent me a message after it happened to say that the counter at the bottom of the page had registered 10,000 when she was on it, reading "Valentinostalgia."

I may have to bake her some pink-frosted cookies, just for that.

I think our next milepost will be 11,111. If you happen to see that you click through as visitor 11,111, let me know. You might just get some cookies, too.

1 comment:

MizTiz said...

YAY YOU!!!

i get it, i get it, completely get it!