Sunday, February 27, 2011

When the Weekend goes Wonky

Christopher and I had big plans for this weekend. We didn't have anything going on during the weekend days, but we had plans for each of the evenings.

We were going to have dinner and go to a concert with his sisters on Saturday night. We were going to go out to dinner at a restaurant we meant to go to for his birthday (in January), tonight.

And then things got a little strange. I started feeling kind of under the weather on Saturday morning. Nothing major, just my stomach feeling a little "off." I blame the fact that I had to take my car in to the shop and so I was stressing over how much it would cost (although, so far, they haven't found what is wrong so it didn't cost anything). But, for whatever reason by the middle of the afternoon when I tried to have a nap, I was in knots. So I bowed out of dinner and the show. Christopher went out to dinner, and then he and his sisters actually all came back here to watch a movie, because the concert they wanted to go to was sold out.

Last night, well, last night was going along okay until, at about 1:30 in the morning, the pup got a little sick, too. So we were awake for a while, then. And I woke up for no good reason around 4:30, then got back to sleep in time to get up around 7:30. Which meant that today didn't go so well, either. And we cancelled our dinner reservation (again), and stayed in.

So here we are just hours away from the end of the weekend with no real "weekending" to show for it. Okay, yes, we had a good time hanging out last night and watching a movie with his sisters. And the house got cleaned. And I did some editing I needed to finish. And we ignored the two or three inches of new snow on the sidewalks because it was the weekend. And I got a start on my taxes (until I got hung up on one little box which I have no idea how to complete). And I'm watching the Academy Awards while Christopher gets caught up on some things in the office.

But we never really got that good "weekend" time in.

You know how they say that people who are sleep-deprived have issues dealing with day-to-day life because of that lack of down time? Well, here's hoping that tomorrow isn't too harsh. I'm not sure I could deal with a hard week since I seem to have missed out on the easy weekend.

No comments: