Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sleeping Sound

Don't tell Christopher, but I really enjoy watching the pup sleep.

I like when she's just stretched out, usually with her head on a pillow or the arm of a chair or propped on my leg. And she just quietly breathes in and out, with the occasional snuffle or snort. And she's peaceful and calm and you know she feels safe and secure.

Okay... In bed at night, sometimes she doesn't choose the best place to settle in. Sometimes it's right up against your legs and kind of keeps you pinned. Sometimes she's right up by our shoulders and won't move. And, frequently, she takes on the role of chaperone as she tries to stay warm by staying between Christopher and me.

But, even though there are times when I really wish she'd go sleep on the floor, or at the foot of the bed, or anywhere else so that Christopher and I can pretend to have some alone time, I have to admit that I do kind of enjoy having her around and sleeping sound(ly).

But don't tell Christopher, because right now he actually moves her out of the way most nights so we can snuggle up. And I don't want that to stop, either.

No comments: