Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday. Finally.

I wanted to update you on my "Ton of Suckage" week. I really wanted to be able to update you and say that the week had gotten so much better and I'm back to loving my job. Yeah, I know, I'd also wanted to win the lottery.

I've actually been contemplating some of the big picture questions over the past few days. You know, the "what am I doing with my life?" and "what do I want to do with my life?" questions.

Luckily, I've had Christopher to come home to every night and snuggle on the couch. I honestly don't know how I'd have made it through the week without him. And, also luckily, I've got one person at work who is in the same basic position I'm in (underpaid, overworked, desperate for a way out), so we can commiserate to some degree.

The one thing that has definitely happened is that I'm no longer going to be complacent about work and slacking off on searching for a new job. That's been a problem for me from time to time - I get frustrated with job searching and so I decide to just give up and settle. This week has reminded me that I can't do that.

So I'm kind of starting a new chapter - I hope. Searching for a new... something.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: