Monday, January 2, 2012

Movie Monday (-ish)

Oddly enough, even though I've seen numerous movies in the past couple of weeks, I sat down to blog with something completely different in mind. Which kind of ties in to the movies we've been seeing.

Let me explain...

The two movies that Christopher and I have seen since we saw "The Muppets" were each sequels. We saw "Sherlock Holmes - Game of Shadows," which was very much like the first one (full of explosions, intrigue, and lots of Jude Law and Robert Downey, Jr.), lots of fun, but just a little less fun than the first one (we'll give it a B). We also saw "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol," wherein Tom Cruise and his crew perform a bunch of cool stunts in nifty locations, with James-Bond-y gadgets - and at the same time they fairly successfully re-launch the series (also a B).

So they're both kind of new, but also the same as what has gone before. Which says something about New Year's in general, doesn't it?

Well, today I also got to do something brand new. Something I'd never in my life dreamed of doing. Something I'm not even ashamed to admit.

Yep. That's right. I bought booties for the dog, today.

We did not do this because it's cold out. We didn't do it because there's salt on the sidewalks. We did it because the rain/slushy snow that fell off the trees on New Year's Eve froze in jagged stalagmites on the sidewalks. (Stalagmites are the ones that come up from the ground, right?)

It's bad enough that she actually cut her feet on her walk, yesterday. Which was rather scary and surprising. And, yes, it got us to buy booties, today, which resulted in a rather strange tap-dance as she skittered around the house trying to figure out if she should take them off or not.

Eventually, she got used to them and we all went for a walk.

And, lo and behold, we all actually did something brand spankin' new in the new year.

How 'bout you?

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Especially since in addition to the first time she cut her paws, there was the second time, too!

Mae said...

So I know this is late, but Sherlock got a B? I mean, I know it wasn't A material. But I would've given it a solid B+.