Sunday, July 1, 2012

Calm in the Morning

When I've been walking the pup, lately, the world has been oddly calm. I'm not really sure what has seemed different, but it's just been really quiet out.

Maybe it's that the schools down the street are out for the summer, so there aren't kids and parents coming and going. Or maybe a lot of the neighbors are already gone for the Fourth of July, so when we're walking around the block at 8:20, they aren't driving through the neighborhood.

All I know is that the world has seemed kind of insulated, for lack of a better word.

I've been able to hear the birds, and the rustle as a rabbit bolts across a yard. And, yes, way off the distance, I can hear the low hum of the traffic. But, for the most part, it's just felt like the two of us walking through the quiet world.

I fully admit that a lot of mornings I'm running a little late and don't have a lot of time to spend on a long walk, but even for a short time it's nice to be able to let the world just be.

Me and Zen in the middle of Southwest Minneapolis. Who'd'a thunk it?

No comments: