Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

I'm happy to say that Friday the 13th mostly passed me by without any strange Friday-the-13th-ness.

Granted, the pup would probably disagree. You see, as we were anticipating a break in the midst of our hot weather, we found out that we could get storms.

As I was on my way home, I got caught in some wind, some rain, a little hail, and some really stupid driving. And I kept looking toward home wondering if the lighter sky would mean that it would be nicer at once I got there. It's not that nicer weather was a better time to put the car in the garage. It's that nice weather would make it possible to take the pup for her late-afternoon constitutional.

You see, as we've discussed in the cooler months, the pup doesn't like to have stuff falling from the sky onto her. She's fine with walking through puddles on the sidewalk, and will do her duty in damp grass (although she's understandably not thrilled by that). But snow, or rain, or any other precip falling from the sky or dripping from the trees is bad.

Today, I decided to be smart. I left the main garage door open when I parked, thinking that she would have to be outside for a shorter time before getting to grass. And that worked. Sort of.

She walked out into the garage. She walked outside. She even walked over to the grass. Then she looked at me as if I am the worst person in the entire world, and we came back inside.

About 20 minutes later, the rain was down to a drizzle, and we tried again with better success.

Here's to Saturday the 14th, when the walks are predicted to have dry weather.

No comments: