Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Paint? Not Paint?

Having spent a bunch of time over the past 3 days working with white paint, I have found myself playing a strange game with myself. I call it "Paint or Not Paint?" Why don't you all play along? Just give your answers to each of the following scenarios, then check against the answers at the bottom:

1) Let's start with my fingernails. I went out shopping and running a few errands mid-day, and noticed that I apparently had done something to my thumbnail and caused a little bit of bleeding. (Ouch.) While that nail was a little extra red, the others on my right hand all looked like I had just gotten a really bad set of French tips. 
a) Paint
b) Not Paint

2) Since much of the painting was done while contorting around shelves, I fully admit that I was bumping up against a lot of the edges of the closet. I glanced in the mirror and notice a swath of my chin whiskers was covered in white--but I didn't remember face-planting at any time.
a) Paint
b) Not Paint

3) Before having my mole removed, I was informed by the dermatologist that my coloring probably shouldn't be overexposed to sun. Of course, he also said "Well, we can tell you're not a sun worshiper. That's good." Which seemed to be his way of saying that I'm one of the most pale people he's seen, lately. (Wow. Even in this part of the world where I'm surrounded by Scandinavians. That's just sad.) So that whiter-than-usual color on my forearm is...
a) Paint
b) Not Paint

4) When I finished painting today and got changed, I glanced in the mirror. Having leaned in and out of the doorway, I had whacked up against the frame more times than I cared to imagine. Which means that the strand of white in the hair above my temple was...
a) Paint
b) Not Paint

And now for the answers:

1 - a) Paint. Yup. And since it's an enamel paint, I'm bound to look really poorly manicured for a while.

2 - b) Not Paint. Over the past few months, much of my goatee has gone grey. Isn't that fun?

3 - a) Paint. Okay. That one was a little tricky, since you can't see it. Happily, even I am not as pale as the bright white low luster alkyd enamel.

4 - b) Not Paint. But that doesn't mean that you'll be able to find the hair in question tomorrow.

So... How did you do? And was the quiz as exciting for you as it was for me? 

Wow. I think I need a day away from the fumes...

No comments: