Friday, October 17, 2008

Thursday Was Delayed

Or... more correctly... Thursday happened, but I got delayed and I didn't post anything. So here it is Friday morning (at least where I am it's still morning), and I find myself with just a few quick points I'd like to mention:

1) Thanks to those of you who have made comments on here. I never realized how much blogging would feel like throwing scraps of paper into the wind. And while some of you have contacted me "off-line" to comment on my blog, there's something more... well... conversational (in a very 21st Century kind of way) about blog comments. 

2) Just for the record: bundles of roofing shingles and paving stones (thankfully NOT in bundles) are both very heavy. I think I may have done something none-life-threatening to my back because of them. (More later on that, I suspect.)

3) Why do some people use strings of peppers as decoration? I strung up some cayenne peppers and they're hanging in the window over our kitchen sink. It's a practical thing, though, and as soon as they're dry, they're going away. 

4) Have you checked out any of the blogs and websites I have listed down the left column? I plan to comment more on them in the near future, but feel free to check them out in the meantime.

Alright. Time for me to get a few daytime things done. I'm not sure why some things are "daytime" or "weekday" things (like grocery shopping or doing laundry or even "work") and some are "nighttime" or "weekend" things (like watching TV or writing social emails or curling up with a good book), but for some reason that's how my brain has my to-do list sorted. So I'm off to grocery shop. I'll try to be social with you folks a little later on.

No comments: