Sunday, October 26, 2008

Whiney Windy Day

I am so glad that I had yesterday's posting to look at while the world was changing outside my windows today.

I was sitting on the couch at about 10 this morning and looked up to see what looked a little like a blizzard. Now don't get me wrong--after all, I grew up in South Dakota and live in Minnesota--I know what I blizzard looks like, but here's what I saw: snow going sideways in the wind making it hard to see all of the colors in the trees across the street. 

I really loved the weather last Monday. Yesterday was glorious--possibly because we knew that today was coming. And the forecast is for warmer weather later this week, so all I really have to do is survive the wind roaring around the house for a few more hours and then things should be looking up.

** Meteorological sidenote ** According to local weather guy Sven Sundgaard (remember, this is Minnesota--where else would you have a weather guy with that name?), the winds are so high that the gusts are within 5 miles per hour of being tropical storm force. Yeah. No wonder it seems like the house is rocking from time to time. ** End meteorological sidenote **

But right now all I can think of is that even if we make it to 60 degrees later this week we probably won't see 70 until sometime next April. And the next time that it seems like there's a blizzard outside my window, it will probably BE a blizzard outside my window. 

Brrr... Anyone have a warm weather retreat that needs to be house-sat for a few months?

1 comment:

Laura said...

My dad came home early from a hunting trip in Wisconsin saying something about snow--guess I know why now. :)