Saturday, October 25, 2008

Perfect Fall Day

There is snow in tomorrow's forecast, which I have to say does NOT make me happy. But today was beautiful. 

I took the time this afternoon to get out of the house and go for a long walk. Yes, I know that my allergies are going to hate me for it, but the colors of the leaves and the crispness of the air was worth the itchy eyes and sneezing that I've been dealing with since I got back inside. I stood under a bright yellow tree and soaked in the filtered sunshine. I walked along the sidewalk kicking up the crunching leaves. I even did something that I haven't done in ages--I picked up some of the leaves to bring home with me. 

Over the next couple of weekends outdoor time will be for work as we batten down the hatches for the coming months. We'll be changing all of the screens to storm windows. We'll be raking up the dried leaves. I'll start crossing my fingers that all of our bulbs will come up in the spring. 

And tomorrow when it's chilly and drizzly and threatening to snow I'll stay inside and do some baking. But today... today was for being outside to revel in all that fall has to offer. 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm jealous--we lost most of our leaves to Ivan, and the delayed cold weather (i.e., it was hot for too long) seems to have stunted the development of any nice color...